Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Here we go again

I did it again. I lied. I really need to stop doing that.

I forgot that I had came across this patter for a Grocery Bag Holder at Make It and Love It. We have a lot of grocery bags that we have for dirty diapers and small trash cans and other things. And the grocery bag that we were using was getting to full for all the other bags inside of it.

So, using scraps from nursing covers and diaper bag, I made this:

As you can see, it's very full!

I had to improvise on some of the materials. Like, I only had enough elastic to do the bottom. So the top is boning. It works, but I should have made it a little big bigger. My pregnant had was having a hard time stuffing the bags in. Then, I don't have any ribbon. Well, I do, but nothing that I would want to use for this. So, I just took some left over bias tape, sewed it together and wallah: I have a "ribbon" for the top handle! Pretty sweet, if I do say so myself! Then, I really didn't like the idea of having the "ribbon" on the outside like the tutorial said. So I sewed the "ribbon" handle on the inside of the bag. But I sewed it on backwards, and the place where the tape was added on to make it longer is on the outside, not the inside. Oh well, I can't make them all prefect.

All in all, I think it turned out pretty darn cute! Thanks to Make It and Love It for sharing this wonderful tutorial!

1 comment:

  1. Good way to use scraps of material. It is way cute. Mom

    ReplyDelete