Friday, June 12, 2009

Wondering

This is the quilt top that I made for baby Teage (that would be the unborn child, I guess you know his name now). It's about 48" x 48", a little big, but that's ok. I don't know what to do for the backing. We want it light, so not flannel. I don't know if I want to do a plain backing, or find something from the nursery prints that isn't too babyish. Then, what to do for the binding? Not sure again. Probably just a plain fabric, or maybe dots? I just don't know. Then, I would LOVE to quilt it. Do some free hand stippling on it (still need a lot of practice) but my sewing machine just can't handle it. I practiced on small 6" x 6" squares and well, lets just say I did a lot of repenting that night for the language used. Or, I could just sew on a diagonal and make diamonds or something. I just don't want to use yarn and tie it off. But then, I think about Zo and how she loves the ties on her quilt and usually grabs one of them to bring her quilt up to her face and suck on her thumb when she's sleepy. Oh, I just don't know what do. Any suggestions? Any and all would be very helpful at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment